Saturday, June 19, 2010



VASAELETH - CRYPT BORN AND TETHERED TO RUIN: DOWNLOAD

Take every fucking cliche description of the most brutal death metal band you've ever heard toss em in a pan and stir fry that shit and that's how I'd describe this album. PURE RAW BRUTALITY so god damn heavy so nuts man!! No weird tech prog metal bullshit (although that stuff is cool sometimes too) - this is just straight up SLAMMIN. When my mom used to pick my friends and I up after high school I'd always put on some tape I knew she'd hate just to fuck with her. Back then it was often Assuck - Misery Index or some Phobia tape or something, but if I was still getting picked up by mom in 2010 it would for sure be this album. The first time I listened to this my roommates were home so I had my volume sort of low and I couldn't really make out much of what was going on. Listened to it a second time when I was home alone and could be as loud as I want and it was like WHOA THIS SHIT RULES.

I don't really know too much about the band, just know this came out in 2010 and it's only two dudes. They're from like Texas or Georgia or something according to the internet but I don't really know. I just know this shit bangs hard. And look at that cover art!! What the hell is that!!! It's like this weird glow in the dark raver spider satanic death thing, is that writing at the bottom? What language is that? I have no idea what the hell is going on I just know it rules, which kind of sums up how I feel about this whole album.
From another review: "Pretty much the darkest and most evil sounding death metal band to recently surface, Vasaeleth are about as non-technical, non-produced and non-easy listening as it gets within the genre of death metal. "


No comments:

Post a Comment