Tuesday, December 14, 2010

i miss my old van




and all it's hanging skeletons and bobble heads and hula dancers and t&c surf stickers and how fucking fast it was for no reason at all and how it got too hot inside because you sat on the engine and how you could jump it really high off speed bumps and how everybody would go flying in the air and how it never had the back seats and how we could just have like 10 people sitting in there drinking before shows and how the stereo was louder outside than inside and how the horn sounded like a dying duck if it ever worked and doing sick burnouts in front of friends houses and how my first memory of it was my grandpa driving it on ice and crashing it into the side of the mountain closing down the highway when i was 4 and how when i was 6 i loved spinning in the backseats while my grandpa listened to frank sinatra cassettes and drove us to hometown buffet and how when i was almost 16 i took it without telling my parents and hit a curb really hard and when i was 18 those dickhead jocks side swiped me and threw $10 out the window and told me to go wash my car before speeding away and driving it to mexico with a car full of punks and hitting 110mph and feeling like we were floating and getting to the border and everyone was asleep and we just turned around and came home

and then i sold it for $50.

No comments:

Post a Comment